You will need to do this step in order to allow Gmail to be accessible to your NinjaTrader Platform.
You will need to create a Gmail app password which is different than your normal password for the NinjaTrader 8 program to connect.
The last step will be configuring the NinjaTrader 8 client.
NinjaTrader 8 Gmail Setup Video
Written Instructions Continue below
Step 1: NinjaTrader 8 Gmail Setup - What You'll Need
- Your username and password to get your Gmail setup in NinjaTrader 8 are not your conventional username / password. Please read below in the instructions.
- You must be using a personal Gmail account and not a business Gmail account.
Correct Example: john.smith2482
Incorrect Exampe: [email protected]
Username: This is the first part of your gmail address. Eg. If your Gmail is [email protected] your username is going to be "someone" and your going to leave out the @gmail.com
Password: This is not your Gmail password you use to login to your account. NinjaTrader 8 requires you to use a Gmail app password. If you try using your Gmail login password this will not work and your email alerts with NinjaTrader will never work.
Step 2 - Setup Gmail Account
Follow the screenshots
- Sign-in to your gmail account page to get to your accounts security settings.
- Look for the section called Sign-in & Security which you will then select Signing in to Google.
Step 3: Get Your App Password
- Go here: Google App Password Screen
- At the bottom, click Select app and choose the app you’re using. If you see a message saying "The setting you are looking for is not available for your account" then you have not setup your 2 factor verification as per above.
Step 4: Configure The Client
That’s it, you’re done! Do a test email and put in a different address in the dialog box. Then later try with your gmail address.
NinjaTrader 8 Gmail Settings
Service name: Gmail
Connection - Server: smtp.gmail.com
Connection - Port: 587
Connection - SSL: Checked
Email address: Your full Gmail address
User name: The first part of your gmail address
Password: The Gmail App password you generated above