To create a mac version they would probably need to double their developers on staff, higher more QA and project managers - it's a huge expense so I don't think there is quite the demand for it at this point.... However that doesn't mean that running NinjaTrader 8 on a Mac isn't possible. It is possible to run NinjaTrader 8 for mac's.
1) Download the NinjaTrader 8 Install file and store it on your mac somewhere (You will need this later)
2) Download the trial version of VMWare Fusion or Parallels (links below) and install the program
3) Install Windows into VMWare Fusion or Parallels
4) Install NinjaTrader into VMWare Fusion (preferred) or Parallels
If you have worked with virtual machines before or are pretty savvy with computers this process could take you between 1-3 hours.
No - there is no NinjaTrader 8 install file which allows you to install it directly into your mac operating system.
There is no version that was designed for a mac as NinjaTrader runs on the .net framework which basically means it was coded for a PC running Microsoft Windows.
If you want to get NinjaTrader 8 to work on your mac, you will need to follow the steps outlined below.
If you are a Mac user, and you want NinjaTrader 8 to run on your mac it is worth the time to set it up
Specific Setup Instructions for NinjaTrader on A Mac
What Program Do I Need to Run NinjaTrader 8 on a Mac?
- Run Parallels, Select your VM (Virtual Machine)
- Look for the Configure button
- Under Options, select "Sharing" Uncheck "Share Mac" under "Share Mac User Folders with Windows"
- Press OK and start the virtual machine
- Select your virtual machine
- Press the Settings button on the bottom
- Under System Settings select Sharing
- Uncheck Documents from the Mirrored Folders list
- Close the Settings window and start the virtual machine
Problem: NinjaTrader will not start when launching the application.
Resolution: Please delete an update for Windows (KB2836988) which was installed in your Windows virtual machine, Source: http://kb.parallels.com/en/118562